Biology for Competitive Exams: This subject plays a very important role in any exam (Like- PSC, SSC, NEET, etc) and a good number of questions asked.
All topics covered in this post are related to all-important exams. The important biology Topics are:-
Vitamins (General Biology Notes)
Vitamin is working as an organic compound. Vitamins play a very important role in a healthy life because of the lack of both our body can’t work properly.
In the human body, there are 13 types of vitamins exist. These are:-
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Ascorbic acid or vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Tocopherols or tocotrienols or vitamin E
- Vitamin K
Solubility of Vitamins (Biology for Competitive Exams)
In every human 13 types of vitamins present in their body. In these vitamins, some have a fat-soluble property and some have water-soluble property. 4 vitamins have a fat-soluble property, and 9 vitamins water-soluble property.
- Fat-soluble vitamins
In the human body, 4 vitamins have a fat-soluble property.
- Water-soluble vitamin
9 vitamins water-soluble property (8 B vitamins and vitamin C).
1. Vitamin A
- It is very essential and plays an important role in removing night blindness.
- This is important for function reproduction and normal cell reproduction.
2. Vitamin B
- Vitamin B1- Thiamine
- Riboflavin- Vitamin B2
- Niacin- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B5- Pantothenic acid
- Vitamin B6- Pyridoxine
- Biotin- Vitamin B7
- Vitamin B9- Folates
- Vitamin B 12
10. Ascorbic acid or vitamin C
- It is chemically known as ascorbic acid.
- It uses in wound healing.
11. Vitamin D
- It is chemically known as cholecalciferol, ergocalciferol.
- This plays a very important role in healthy bones and teeth.
12. Tocopherols or tocotrienols or vitamin E
- The chemical name of vitamin E are tocopherols, tocotrienols and
- Vitamin E is soluble in fat. It is very essential for everyone.
13. Vitamin K
It is chemically known as phylloquinone and menaquinone.
- Read more about ‘Vitamin’: Vitamin
Blood (Biology for Competitive Exams)
- The blood circulation system is discovered by William Harway.
- By the blood circulation system, the digested substances and Oxygen (O2) is carried to all body cells.
- Blood Group ‘A’
- ‘B’ Blood Group
- Blood Group ‘AB’
- ‘O’ Blood Group
- Red Blood Cells (RBC)
- White Blood Cells (WBC)
Read more about ‘Vitamin’: Blood Facts